Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Turtle Lady 6-20-07


On Wednesday June 20th, we all headed over to the Barboursville Library to see the Turtle Lady. Ok, I know what you're thinking..... "Turtles, I know all I need to know about turtles". Yeah, well,, did you know that male turtles have red eyes and females have brown eyes?
That male frogs sing and females are quiet?
That there is an ALPHA TURTLE? and that at the sight of the alpha turtle all the other males go inside their shells?
There was probably 100 people there and that's really saying something for our itty bitty library! It was very interesting and a lot of fun. The Turtle Lady was very entertaining. At one point she took two turltes (a male and a female) and was holding them up saying "oh, you have such beautiful brown eyes, **kissy sound**" You woulda just had to be there, it was funny! The kids got some learnin' in too! (har dee har har!) I tried to condense all the picture because there was a lot of them an none of them were very good!



2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Wow, she had a lot of animals. She looks entertaining too. LOL The Milton show was the same day but we didn't make it. I'm kind of glad now though if it was as crowded as B'ville!

Scribbit said...

Oh my kids would love this, they're all excited to get a gecko for their next pet.