Saturday, July 26, 2008

West Virginia Hot Dog Festival

We ventured down to the WV Hot Dog Festival today.
I wanted to have fun but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't sleep for crap last night. Not only that but I'd been cleaning closets all morning and I was just beat. Beat at 1pm in the afternoon. Sad really.
Had I been in a better mood, I might have tried a new kind of hotdog but since I was foul and grumpy, I stuck with my happy food. 1 Taco Dog and 1 WV dog. YUMMY.
A taco dog consists of 1 dog, 1 bun, crushed taco chips, cheese sauce, jalapenos, hot dog sauce, lettuce, tomatos, sour cream, more cheese and picante sauce.
I know what you're thinking, "ON A HOTDOG?"
but it is heavenly, it really is.
A West Virginia Dog qualifies as comfort food to me. It amazes me that slaw is purely a WV thing. I didn't realize this until a few years ago.
What?
You don't eat slaw on your dog?
Blasphemy.
A WV dog consists of 1 dog, 1 bun, meaty, slightly spicy hotdog sauce, mustard, onion and SLAW.
Hubby gets a WV but doesn't get it with slaw, so it's really just a hotdog.

The above picture was swiped from Retinacandy. Like I said, I was feeling foul and didn't even get my camera out.
After gorging on hot dogs we went over to Sams club for some groceries. Meat is gross and expensive. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a carnivore but all the stuff we seem to be getting from the store is disgusting and exorbitantly expensive. I could go without but it's all the other three want to eat. It's rediculous.
Anyway... after that I came home and CRASHED. I was so so tired. I'm tired now and my nose is runny. Some one dance around a dead chicken and do a "no colds" chant for me OK?
I'm off to Kroger to get the stuff that I didn't want to buy in 50lb bags and get in on that great sale they've been having this week again. Buy 10 qualifying products and get 5$ off!
Later!
------------------------
My children need new swimwear and so do I. Don't you hate it when you're only half way through the summer and your stuff doesn't last?
------------------------

4 comments:

Haley said...

I was there too! Granted, we were at Pullman to see the Dark Knight (again)...but we sat on a bench for about an hour waiting for our showtime. :P

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Eat your chickens!

crystal said...

Well, that'd work for 3 nights but then what? LOL besides those are my girls and they haven't even started to lay yet. I wanna get some eggs outta them first!

Jennifer said...

I wasn't even aware that there was a WV Hot Dog Festival how sad is that?