Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The EAGLE has landed!

Our last meeting of EAGLE was today. It's been a SUPER first semester. We have a lot of bugs to work out but all in all everything went really, really well. We start planning our next semester officially tomorrow. It's already underway but tomorrow it goes on paper.
The weather is finally looking up. Even though it's been raining, I've seen glimmers of sunlight and that makes me very happy indeed.
I picked up a rain barrel and some buckets today. I hope to set my entire balcony up with potted plants to increase the garden yield. It could still be weeks before my garden spot is dry enough to till. The ground cover is still mud! We're also going to concentrate on making our garden beds "raised" so we won't have this issue in the future.
I have so many plans for the garden this year! I want to experiment with seed banking. This seems like a must because of the f o o d m o d e r n i z a t i o n a c t. I want to concentrate fully on foods I can put up and can.
And speaking of canning...
I can't wait until next week! I'm going to go learn the intricacies of canning meat. This should be a huge help in the food storage department. A very generous friend of a friend is going to give us a class.
This Thursday we're going to get together for our first book club meeting! We're reading "The 5000 Year Leap" and man... is it GOOD! This will make my third time through the book and I am constantly finding something new in it. Just a spectacular read.
That leads me to the next thing. I live this guy so much. Bob Basso rocks so hard. His newest message is very exciting to me!

I wish I could rattle off with passion like him! I didn't get my entire speech from last week recorded but here's a few seconds!

1 comment:

Wholly Duncan said...

You did a great job at the Tea Party!

I haven't seen this video yet, thanks for posting it. Can't wait for the book club-5,000 Year Leap. A must read for everyone! I think my oldest wants to read it next. Just ordered 20 on nccs.net for $5 a piece!!!