Monday, November 24, 2008

New Week, New Book

Sunday Highlights:
  • Housework
  • My Desktop is gone
  • Started Holes

I told someone the other day that my house is a total rat hole. Well, maybe not but it's "pertnear" close. It seems like such a loosing battle. I get it cleaned up and then all someone has to do is breathe and it's messed back up again. We are too many people and we have too much stuff for this size house. It's just impossible to keep cleaned up. But with the help of my menfolk, we tried to clean up Sunday. It was for not because here I am Monday morning,, looking around and I see that it's right back to where it started. Blah.

My desktop computer is in the hospital. It's been doing all sorts of weird stuff for a long long time now but just recently it started that thing where it locks up completely every 5 minutes. It was driving me NUTS. I think I have a bad spot on my hard drive too because I was getting the blue screen of death like 4 times a week. If I turned it off and turned it back on,,, it was fine so I guess it wasn't total death. But yeah, it's pretty eat up with disease so it's going to spend some time in surgery and recovery.

PhotobucketT2 and I started reading "Holes" last night. T1 came to listen because he's never read it either. We read the first 6 chapters and that lead to them fighting over the book. They both wanted to take it to bed with them and finish reading it. I love it when I have to say I'm going to hide the book so we can all discover it together! ha ha ha.

Here are some learning links for "Holes" by Louis Sachar

Novelinks

Holes reading unit

EdHelper

**

Do you have a local trophy shop? Yeah, a Trophy shop! No? Do you need a trophy QUICK? Try quicktrophy.com. They do trophies for all kinds of things and can rush ship you one in 24 hours. They even do Pinewood derby trophies!

**

1 comment:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Ryan LOVED Holes and he doesn't love anything but football, with books and/or reading being at the very top of the list of things he doesn't love.