Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to School on 7-16-07

My dining area has once again become the school area. I spent this evening cleaning out the cabinets and setting our goals for the year. I placed all the fresh new text books in the cabinet and cleared the "catch all" purple cart of old projects and papers.

Ignore the trash canPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The boys came in and checked out my charts and posters and said "Man, this year is going to STINK!" (Therefore breaking commandment #5).
I pointed out that everything on every list was the same things I tell them to do every day and none of it is any different than last year. Well, no we have desingnated weeks for certain chores so there is no more argueing (in theory) about who has to do what but still, same chores, different format.
I have high hopes for this year! We've learned so much and I want to start the year out on the right foot!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Nice! Looks like you have it all organized and ready to go. I LOVE your 10 homeschool commandments. Do you mind if I link to your blog to share them with others?

Our sideboards look very similar although I am jealous of yours. (I don't have the dish rack on top.) I really like the way you have yours organized and you have inspired me to further my own organization. (Which I've been doing quite a bit of lately... it's that time of year, huh.)

I've also got a new project going that I'm super excited. I could use suggestions, comments and (I'm not gonna lie) encouragement. :)

Stop by when you have time. I can't believe how long I've let it go since I've visited you. I miss HSB's friend list.

crystal said...

Sheri,
Thanks for stopping by! Give me a link to your blog!