Monday, July 30, 2007

Hold onto your seats! Let's talk about NON VASCULAR PLANTS! WHOO HOO!

Did my last real post get me blacklisted? I don't know but I don't like it one bit.

Anyway...... onto school stuff.

Our next section is on non-vascular plants. Moss and Lichen more specifically. We're pretty fortunate to have our whole hillside covered in the stuff!



Here we have some lichen on a log and some moss on the ground.

Here we have some Reindeer Moss which is actually a lichen! This stuff is really cool. It's really hard and crunchy!

We gathered it up and took it inside to draw in our notebooks. I'd put up a picture of our drawings but T1 would be totally embarassed. He wasn't happy with his. I decided that we would put our moss in our lightbox and see what happened. We're spritzing it with water a few times a day. When I put it in the box, the bottom of the container was clear full of water and within a few hours it was BONE DRY! Those non-vascular plants really know how to get the job done!


OH! and bigger news yet,, we have a sprout in one of our containers! W00T!!! 5 days!


No comments: