Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blue.

Blue #1.
I bought a Ball Blue Book today. This will come in handy in the coming months. We're working really hard on our garden and I don't want all of our hard work to go to waste. I tried to can some things last year but I didn't really do that well.
Why didn't I spend a whole $5.78 on a Ball Blue Book last year?
Blue #2.
My friend Christina took me Funny Bone Comedy Club here in Huntington this evening. I expected the comedians to be a little off color but this guy, Steve Marshall, was BLUE! Oh my goodness. I'm hard to embarrass and my cheeks were red for the entire show. Most of it was funny, don't get me wrong, but wow... some things should be left to the imagination. People walked out, that's what I'm sayin!
Blue #3.
I'm going to miss our co-op end of the year picnic! It didn't even occur to me that it was on the same day as the Primary election. I'm a poll worker and I'll have to be there ALL. DAY. Yuck. I'm beginning to think that the pay isn't going to be worth it! So yeah... I'm a little blue about that.

Blue #4.
My eldest child will be 12 in a few months. TWELVE. How did this happen? I have one more year until he's a teenager. Yes, you must whisper that word. But here's the blue thing, he wants an ipod for his birthday, a blue one. When did we graduate from legos to ipods?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Crystal,
IPOD...go to Apple.com click on their store, check out the refurbished ones. They are just as good as new ones, sometimes excellently priced too. ;0)
So far my 11 yr-old still loves his lego's! *whew*
I was asked to work the primary, I declined. I didn't even ask about the pay because I knew it would tempt me but I'd have to have a babysitter for most of that day too so not worth it.

crystal said...

Jen, that's good to know! I didn't know that!