Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday

We had a meeting we the 4H director today about our group. I knew I was getting into a government program when we started so I didn't go into this blindly.
I couldn't help but get a "yuck" feeling when we were filling out some forms.
I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up though because they're providing us with such a fabulous building for EAGLE .
I still feel really icky about it though. Will we agree to anything so long as it gives us something in return? When we become increasingly desperate, how quickly will be cave?

On that topic... Here's some reading for you to ponder this weekend.
$600 million to prepare our country for universal healthcare
COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS ^ | Thursday, January 15, 2009 | DAVE OBEY (D-WI), CHAIRMAN

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 9:24:56 AM by jasoncann

Heard this on Glenn Beck.

Training Primary Care Providers: $600 million to address shortages and prepare our country for universal healthcare by training primary healthcare providers including doctors, dentists, and nurses as well as helping pay medical school expenses for students who agree to practice in underserved communities through the National Health Service Corps.

The document is located here: http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/PressSummary01-15-09.pdf

You'll want to check page 10 for the placement of the exact quote. I just want to know how you borrow money for something that hasn't been approved yet? Arrogant?
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm happy to say that my diet is coming along fabulously and I've no need for decaslim!
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: