Saturday, December 22, 2007

Knitted Christmas gifts!



I made these great mittens for a friend from a
pattern on Knitty. I love them SO GOOD! They are so soft and comfy. It's my favorite pair of mittens so far.

I may just have to make myself a pair too. Maybe in red and white to match my coat.

I can post 'em here 'cuz her computer is on the fritz. Sucks for her!

There are actually 2 mittens now. One is slightly larger than the other and I'm not sure how that happened. It kinda sucks but hey,, whatcha gonna do? My knitting tention must have gotten tighter and tighter as my tension filled week progressed! I also had a problem with the first thumb gusset and now that I've done the second one I'm not real sure why. I love the checker board look to the fronts and the tweedy look on the palm. Altogether there are 4 different patterns on these mittens! The tips of the fingers is grafted but if I had to do it again, I'd either keep reducing or do the gather and pull thing. I do NOT like grafting!

If you're looking for an introduction to Fair Isle and would like to knit mittens this is a GREAT pattern! I made an ear warmer with the extra yarn. It's my own pattern. Stay tuned!

This post brought to you by ebel watches.

No comments: