Thursday, April 24, 2008

Please rain, hold off one more day!


I can't wait to get the garden tilled. Last night as I was tromping around barefoot in last year's plot, it finally felt like it was dried out enough to till. We have such a soggy backyard. It works out well in the summer because they veggies stay moist but it's just really hard to get dug up in the spring.

I'm going to start some seeds today. I know,,, I should have done it weeks ago but just like so many other things right now, I've slacked.

I'm a slacker... what can I say?

Here's the thing....

(beware... I think I'm fixin' to dump a bunch of psychobabble here)

Deep down, I want to get a bunch of stuff accomplished every day. I do. What would happen if I did though? Then people would expect it out of me all the time. I think I've done this my whole life. If I do it once, then I'll have to do it all the time.

I have to get over this,,, I really do. I MUST.

Because that's just stupid. That may have worked for me when I was younger and I couldn't say no but I think I've mastered the saying no thing so this protecting myself from getting too stressed out thing isn't really working for me anymore.

Do I appear to be someone who's not stressed out? LOL

The definition of stupidity or insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So,, I'm not going to do that anymore.

If only I could resolve to do this with my diet!

Ok, inner reflection is over.

About the garden.

I'm only going to plant stuff that will be worth canning this year. Tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, and potatoes.

I don't expect to can the potatoes but they will keep for quite a while. Maybe I can do some little tater's with the beans?! Yummy!

So I'm off. Off to make a list of things to get done today and start working on it! Wish me luck!

---------------------

When my really nice Ott stitchery light broke I was devastated. It had the best magnifier on it! I may just have to look into getting a new one! I miss it!

---------------------

2 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Putting in beans (well some of them) today! Ours was still a bit wet too, but we got it tilled. Love this time of year! :)

Jennifer said...

I tagged you for a book meme ;0)

I don't do the whole garden thing, I tried a few years ago. I ended up at Urgent Care with a shot to my rear, steriods etc. from a poison ivy/oak/sumac reaction when I never saw any of it!!

Now the outside plant stuff is hubby's job!!