Tonight T2 and I made poinsettia cookies! It was so easy and so much fun! There was literally no mess to clean up either! 90 percent of the mixing is done in plastic baggies! Mine didn't come out like the picture but they came out really cute! They are pretty yummy too. I was a little worried with the massive amount of red food coloring you have to use. That has a tendency to make things a bit bitter but these are good!
Here's some tips I have for you if you decide to make these.
- The recipe says to seperate the petals. Don't. Just make the division with your knife and pop them in! The petals are not defined enough when you seperate them.
- Use the cheap sugar cookie dough. I bought Pillsbury and Kroger brand and there is practically no difference.
- Don't use liquid coloring, use gel or even better,, paste. You'll be much happier with the results and they taste better.
- Buy 2 bags of spicettes. Don't joke yourself and think there is enough yellow ones in one bag. I'm just sayin'!
- Over cook them. It said 10-12 minutes and it might be my oven but I needed to cook them at least 17 minutes before they weren't completely mushy.
We're taking them to a party tommorrw night. I'm also going to make a Christmas Tree shaped veggie thing and some cresant wrapped weenies. YUM!