Monday, August 11, 2008

Squirrel Nutkin Bootie- a free pattern

This is the quickest little bootie! I can get a set done in 40minutes! If you try it let me know! Sorry about the upskirt shot baby Victoria! Ravelers can see it HERE.

Yarn: Any worsted weight
Needles: Size 7 straits (I knit loosely, use your own judgement) and one size 9 for the bind off
A yarn needle for sewing up.

Notes: I was given this pattern by a wonderful knitting friend in Texas. I kept loosing it and I would have to
call on her to give it to me again. She knits hers without the ribbing. I thought I'd put it here on my blog so
I'd never loose it again. I also modified the way it was written down in case anyone else who's knitting these
has never knitted short rows before. I added "line checks" after all the short row rows. I hope that I've
written it in such a way that even the most novice knitter can tackle it! Thank you Squirell!

CO 31 stitches using long tail cast on (or whichever you choose)
R1-5 Purl every row
R6 (starts shortrow) K17, Sl 1, K2tog, PSSO, TURN (you will have 18 st on the right needle(RN) and 11 on
the left (LN)before turning (BT))
R7 Sl 1, P3, P3tog, TURN (16 RN, 11 LN BT)
R8 Sl 1, K3, Sl 1, K2tog, PSSO (16 RN, 9 LN BT)
R9 Repeat row 7 (14 RN, 9 LN BT)
R10 Repeat row 8 (14 RN, 7 LN BT)
R11 Repeat row 7 ( 12 RN, 7 LN BT)
R12 K12
R13-16 Knit in Stockinette Stich (Knit a row, purl a row) (19 stitches on the needle)
R17-25 Knit in 1x1 rib (knit one purl one across first row and knit the knits and purl the purls from there on
out)Bind off in rib (continue to knit the knits and purl the purls while binding off) with larger needle.
Leave a long tail for sewing up.
Sew up the sole and up the back.
Tuck in your loose tails.
Place on baby's foot!

No comments: