Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Hat

It's the third Sunday of the month and that means it's time to go to Knitting Circle. I turned in my hats for the month and we got a wonderful visit from the community manager of the American Cancer Society. We just knit hats and afghans and send them off, we never know what happens to them. It was really touching to have the ACS bring us pictures and accounts of what a difference the hats have made. Such a simple thing, to knit a hat. It's just round and round and round. I'm not sure who feels warmer,, the knitter or the recipient! The lady from the ACS requested as many purple hats as we could muster before the Relay for Life in October. She'd like to see all the Cancer survivors in a purple hat when they walk the track. It'll be a huge visual impact as Cabell Co. got an award last year for having the most survivors per capita. Really cool! If you'd like to donate a purple hat to the ACS drop me an Email at Cnewmans at yahoo dot com!
The hat in the picture is one I finished this evening. I really like the way it turned out. It's nice and thin and has some nice denim blues in it. It's done in Moda Dea's Sassy Stripes. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with my first purple hat. Perhaps I'll show that one off tomorrow!

No comments: