Monday, September 24, 2007

Back to business.


"In the best most popular children's books, children almost never go to school"
(Schoolproof by Mary Pride) It's true isn't it? Think about it, The Narnia Series, Alice in Wonderland, Encyclopedia Brown, and Nancy Drew. So, where am I going with this, right? Yeah, you guessed it, we didn't really do much school last week other than Co-op. We were busy with all sorts of stuff and then I abandoned my family and drove to Findlay OH to party with some friends! Oh, it was fun. I wish it wasn't almost 6 hours away, but it was fun indeed.
Findlay is such a nice town! I don't think I've ever been somewhere that felt like home so quickly. It's small but still has everything you'd ever need. There are outlying towns that still have a post office that is also the bank, that is also the general store! When I gazed in the windows there were still old fashioned iron bars over the windows. Oh,, and there is lots of CORN up there! ha ha ha. I was told on several occasions that I was in "ooper Ohio" not "lower Ohio" ha!
We stayed in a hotel but if I had done my research, I would have liked to have stayed in a bed and breakfast . There is one in Findlay called the Rose Gate and it's very lovely. It's a great price too at $75 to 85 a night!
So when I go hang out with my "Oooper Ohio" friends it has become sort of a tradition to hit a yard sale and ask the locals where to eat breakfast. We heard from them that we should go to this little dive called "The Dark Horse" and OMG,, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! It was this Puerto Rican/German fusion kind of cooking and it ROCKED! I had something called Haver Grits and it was the most interesting thing I've ever had. I wasn't sure I liked it at first but wow,,, was it good! It's pin oats cooked with roasted pork. They let that set up (like oatmeal does) into a loaf. They take slices of that loaf and fry them. Wow, YUM.
Oh and WVians,, your yard sales STINK on ice! It's almost worth the trip just to go yard saleing up north!
Well, so now it's Monday and I have to get back on the ball. All good things must come to an end I suppose! Have a great week ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time! I've found that the northerners really know how to do a garage sale. These people down here are just junk sellers.