Friday, September 28, 2007

Trumpet of the Swan- COMPLETE


We finally finished it up today. We all enjoyed it immensely as I've mentioned a hundred and one times. The ending was sweet and happy as I expected.
There was one funny thing that I did not expect though, more ironic than funny really! Keep in mind that this book was published in 1970. In the second to last chapter, a decision about a large sum of money needed to be made. One child in the crowd who was identified as ALFRED GORE suggested that the money be donated to The American Civil Liberties Union!
Funny huh? or is it prophetic? LOL
By the way, they money was given to the Audubon Society, not the ACLU!
Speaking of money. A friend of mine was telling me that she works part time from home. I was thinking "oh yeah, sure you do". Every time I hear that I think that it's too good to be true. She REALLY does tho! She does online customer service for companies like Sprint, Comcast, and AT&T. She gave me a link to apply but I seriously can't keep up with what we have let alone doing anything else. I guess it really is possible to work at home!
School went fine today. We were done by lunch time. T1 wasn't feeling good today but not so bad that he couldn't do his work. Isn't that the best thing about home school? What would have been an absence in PS was just a day with extra TLC for us!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: