Monday, September 24, 2007

Gym Class


We could really use some regular exercise around here. I have grand aspirations of making the kids get up early in the morning and walk with me. We could all use it and it would be a great start to the day. Just one thing.... I don't wanna.

I get up early for many reasons but the biggest one is for the peace and quiet. Do I sacrifice my peaceful time to go out and exercise? I guess I should. I would feel better and possibly look better. People took lots of pictures of me this past weekend and wow.... I'm not happy. I wish there was some kind of miracle burn but the truth is,, it's just good old fashioned hard work that really does the trick!

Tomorrow I'll give it another go. If nothing else, I could get on the treadmill and walk a mile or two. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Why is that seeing yourself in a photo really opens your eyes? I mean I look in the mirror everyday, but it really hits home when I see a photo!

Thanks for the pioneer link. I couldn't get it to download yesterday, I'm going to try again today.

andie said...

Photos are harsh. I have the amazing ability to look in the mirror and see 'not so bad' but then a photo taken at the same time sends me under the bed to cry.

Tell you what, if you want, I will get up Monday morning "with" you (what time are we talking, exactly?!) and we can report back on what we did. I'll probably be out walking, but if it's raining or something I could do one of my Leslie Sansoperky walking dvds. If I don't, please call me names and point at me, and I can do the same for you! Lemme know.

Peer pressure: it's not just for kids anymore! ;)