Friday, January 25, 2008

I DON'T COMPLETELY STINK!!!

Looky what I got today!


"It's a major award!" (That was just for Becca!)
Becca gave me my very first bloggy award. I'm so excited. You'd think I'd gotten an Emmy or and Oscar or like... seen my name in the paper or something!
It always thrills me to death when I see that she stopped by my little spot on the net because I enjoy her blog so much! Imagine my excitement this evening when I realized I had this little lovely waiting on me!
What in the world did we do before we had public diaries? I've been doing this for about 18 months and it's been such a wonderful therapy. It's enough to vent and write things down but to get the occasional feedback is a definite bonus.
I wonder how I would explain blogging to someone who'd been in a coma for 20 years? How would I explain the sense of community that is shared among bloggers?
Maybe it would go something like,

"Blogging?"
"yeah, what's that all about?"
"eh,, it's like an online journal that everyone can see. Web. Log. Web-log. Weblog. Blog. Get it?"
"Oh, Ok. Why do you do it?"
"People do it for all kinds of reasons." "To keep family that is far away updated, to share a hobby or collection, or just to drone on and on about stuff that their families are sick of hearing about" ::: ehhmm,, don't read too much into that:::::
"What makes you think that anyone would want to waste their valuable time reading that?"
"I never expected anyone to read it, really. People do though!"
"How do you come across these 'blogs'"
"google"
"What's a google?"

Hmmm, apparently Mr. Coma Patient has a lot of catching up to do.
This "major award" comes with some responsibility though. I have to spread the love and nominate 10 people for the "You Make My Day" blog award.
:::::Drumroll:::::::
Amy at the foil hat. She totally makes my day. I wish I lived in Florida or she lived in WV!
Mary , Stephanie and Jennifer my favoritest local homeschool bloggy friends!
Tammy (she's local too) because she started blogging because she reads my blog. Nothing like a little flattery huh?
Buzzardbilly, HausFrau, and Blonde Goddess because they crack me up and make me smile daily with their irreverent humor.
Yard Sale Bloodbath I would love to go yard saleing with this blogger. That's my kind of junk!
And when I'm not looking at Becca's pretty knits, I'm probably admiring the knits on zigzag stitch .

Thanks again Becca! That was fun!

popup blocker

5 comments:

Blonde Goddess said...

So...my insanity makes you smile, huh?

LOL...

Thanks for the award. While I don't intend for my blog to be a freakfest, it usually ends up that way...but...it IS a reflection of who I am after all...

Anonymous said...

LOL - Thanks Cyrstal.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Thanks!! That's so sweet!

Buzzardbilly said...

Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Hey there - sending long overdue thanks for the linky love!!