Monday, January 21, 2008

No Day Off.

Today was a holiday for most of the country. Not for us though! We still had lessons and band class.
Tomorrow is our 2nd co-op session of the month. After that we have the monthly homeschool skate. The boys look forward to it all month.
This evening we started reading "From the Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler". It's pretty good so far. You can't tell much after one chapter.
Here are the learning links we're using:
Teacher's Cyberguide
Online activities using the Metropolitan Museum of Art's site
WebQuesting From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler: 30 Years Later
Flash games and activities for Mixed-up Files



Apparently it was a movie in 1995 but they want $129.00 for it on Amazon so I'm guessing we're not going to see it!
Sunday we made a trip up to Charleston to go to the big car show. My boys are complete and total car NUTS. You would think they were in an amusement park with the way they were acting. Sitting in a Porche is just as exciting to them as sitting in a rollar coaster. My batteries are dead in my camera so I'll post pictures tomorrow night.


Mommy found a new car though! Yup, we're thinking new car because the handle on the driver's side door is broken for the THRID TIME. So we're thinking of trading the Pathfinder in on a new Jeep Wrangler Extreme.

It's the only car that made us all smile from ear to ear when we got in it. Well,, that's a lie, we also smiled really big when we sat in the Mercedes GL550. Not. Gonna. Happen. Ha ha ha.

The 4 door Jeep is MUCH roomier than I thought! It's not as roomy as the Pathfinder but hey,,, we don't really NEED 3rd row seating, it was just nice to have room for tents, rifles, luggage, etc. It's also nice to be able to haul people around. This 4 door Jeep still has a bunch of room in the back while comfortably seating all four of us. Even in the Pathfinder the boys' knees touch the back of the seat when Chris is driving. In the Jeep we could have fit a whole person inbetween their knees and Dad's seat. We would also get a roof rack I'm sure. We'd need it for camping trips.

This is such a fun vehicle. I hope that we don't suffer because it's a D/P/C product (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler). Chris assures me that the Wranglers are not like the rest of the line. I hope he's right. I swore I would never have another D/P/C product after our horrible luck with a Plymouth Breeze. Man that car sucked. To top the deal off,, Jeep offers a lifetime powertrain warranty.
We have a huge day tomorrow. I must make myself fight the insomnia and go to sleep. Sweet dreams all!

4 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

If you still have a VCR, you can get that movie from the library. :) Actually, you can get it whether you have a VCR or not. But you'll need that VCR to watch it since it's on videocassette. :)

crystal said...

Dern, I haven't had a VCR in years.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Have you checked on Netflix? They have tons of DVDs.

crystal said...

That's a great idea! But I just checked and they don't have that or the 1973 version "the hideaways"
Bummer again.