Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday

A busy day as usual.

I slept late today. I could have had something to do with the fact that no one was stomping around the bedroom at zero dark thirty. Yup, Big Daddy's on vacation this week. I had no subconscious "it's time to get up" thing. This lead us to a late start this morning.

And as usual no sooner than we got school out of the way, it was time to go to band. Actually, I had to go pick up my new "specs" before band today. Whoo hoo (can you sense the enthusiasm?) I'm a glasses wearer.





Whoa. Can you say "Deer in the headlights"?

It's nice though. I can see stuff! Stuff has edges, grass has blades, sweaters have texture, and the interwebs has words! WOOT.

My family keeps looking at me and saying "wow,, you look geeky". I say it's just the inner geek coming to the outside.

Ok, so has anyone stuck to their New Year's Resolutions? My unofficial resolution was to use my treadmill more. I still want to, I haven't given up but I won't lie, I haven't even unfolded it. Nope not once. I have a nice new treadmill but I really haven't used it much. I walked the belt off the last one I had, literally. That's when I lost all kinds of weight. So much for that huh? After the treadmill I got an elliptical . God did I hate that thing! So my loverly honey bought me a really nice treadmill. Looks great with blankets and stuffed animals hanging all over it doesn't it?


After band the whole gang made a trip to Lowes and Home Depot (Slows or Home Despit as we call them) . We're going to tile the front bathroom. We've gone through numerous kinds of flooring in the boy's bathroom and none of them have been any good. I'll also tell you that we've replace the joists under the floor 2 times due to water damage. Boys. Are. Slobs. They slop water out of the tub, they don't even "shake" before getting out of the tub, and they don't hit the toilet with any amount of accuracy. So, we're going to try tile. At least no moisture can get under it. Wish us luck. This will either work out well or go horribly, horribly wrong.

Off to bed. Sleep tight!

3 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

Hey, I was at Lowe's after band today! We must have just missed each other. :)

I love your new glasses. They look great and so natural on you, I didn't even remember they were new. :)

Jennifer said...

You leave me no hope that my boys will outgrow the slob stage ~ SIGH~
Well, I pretty much knew that anyways ;) LOL!!
I'd like to have a treadmill and I'd like to think I'd use it often but who knows.
I like the new glasses!

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I like your new glasses too. I forgot to mention it yesterday.