Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Kickin' it old school with the Ts

I was looking around at my options for spelling, reading and grammar the other night when I ran onto THIS site. They've reprinted the old McGuffey's Primers. I thought to myself "why mess with something that isn't broke, that's great stuff!" then my next thought was "Hold on a second, I HAVE those!" and I went scurrying out into the garage and dug out these,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've got the ORIGINALS! 1878 versions. Now naturally I'm not going to actually let the boys USE these. I'm going to copy them. They list "W" as a vowel in these. Funny huh? And one of the first spelling words was FAG which is fine because I know it's a bundle of sticks but there would be uproarious laughter for an hour if I included that word for the boys. They are savvy beyond their years.
So we are giving it a try. I started T2 at the very beginning because I know I've mentioned that this kid can't even spell his own name.

No comments: