Thursday, February 28, 2008

It goes on... and on... and on...

Ahh, to have knights at my bedside, mourning my demise. ::swoon:: I have one though! And that's all I need,, he bought me a sheep!

Friday- I felt it coming on. Actually, no, that's not right at all. I slammed face first into a brick wall that quickly became the "it hit me like a ton of bricks" that people speak of when they refer to the flu.
Saturday- Mostly sleeping but I did go out in public and spread some germs.
Sunday- I went grocery shopping,,, again, my apologies to the person who touched the shopping cart after me.

Monday- again with the sleeping. Briefly interrupted by taking the kids to band.
Tuesday- I felt almost human! WOOT! perhaps there's something to this Zicam thing!

Wednesday- Snowy. The kids had a concert in Charleston but I woke up feeling very crappy again and I thought "we'll have to skip this one". Then a phone call came and she said that the roads were not bad and could I or someone bring the display board. No problem. Really, I wasn't really doing anything anyway and I'm always up for a road trip. So I get myself and the kids together with their instruments and books and stands and the display board. We head up to Charleston. About half way there the next ice age hits. It wasn't really that bad if you took it slow but driving slow and Charleston traffic are not synonymous. (See? I can spell some stuff, I didn't even use the spell checker there!)

We get there, slowly but surely and after looking for a parking spot I determine that we'll just park in the overflow lot and get the shuttle. Well, we waited and waited and waited. No shuttle. CRAP. I tell the boys, we'll walk and all the while, we'll keep our eyes peeled for a ride. The ride never came people,,, the ride. Never. Came.
The wind is blowing, it's cold, it's icy, I have on dress shoes and it's a LONG way to the capital. But, we got there and in time to play.
I sat down and it hit me. "I might be dying". You know what I'm saying don't you! It's overly dramatic but you know that feeling where you think "I have to lie down, I can't hold my head up". I did manage to hold my head up but just as SOON as the kids were done we got the heck out of Dodge.

Oh, and the shuttle? It took us back. I don't know where the heck it was when we were coming in.
Thursday- I feel like this:

Friday? I must go to Tester Training tomorrow night. My apologies to all that will be there. I hope you don't catch this from me! It completely stinks. I've decided that if I'm not on the mend by Monday the 3rd then I'll call the dr. That'll make 11 days. Besides,, one of the kids will surely have it by then and need to go anyway, right? meebo laughing smiley


Neurotic Att'y said...

Ugh. I feel for you. I had the real, honest-to-Pete flu once, and it is EXACTLY as you described it -- hits you like a ton of bricks and then comes back to kick you in the head once or twice just for fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

It took my parents about 10 days to begin to feel 'normal' again. They had it last week.
Shoot, those shuttles are always around there I'm sorry you couldn't catch one. And to the ice age....sorry it was clear here I assumed I was telling you it would be clear all the way in.
I hope you're better soon!

crystal said...

No worries! It wasn't you! I don't think anyone expected that squall.

Sheri said...

Hope you feel better soon.

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

I thought you were a portfolio-er.
Are your kids testing this year or are you just taking the training to help out?

Sheri said...

Okay, I have to tell you...the sheep is adorable!

I have sheep now too. Well, actually lambs....

Sheri had a little lamb....(music playing)