Wednesday, March 21, 2007

geocache!


It was really warm here in WV today! We decided to give our new GPS a whirl and go hunting Geocaches! We located 2 today and we were BEAT after that. The 2 we found involved some MAJOR hiking and climbing. This broken down chubby mama is not cut out for that! The above picture is one that mama decided to sit out. I did end up getting up there but I took the long way around the mountain. I had to take up the goodies for the stash!




The above 2 pics are of T1 and T2 of course. T1 is mega proud of the carving he did on his stick with his pocket knife!


It's hard to tell in this picture but Big Daddy C cracked open some sandstone and found a fossil! All you can see here is the stain but if you look closely you can see the impression of leaves.



We just thought this rock was cool. I wonder if it fell recently? That crack looks pretty fresh. It must have hit pretty hard to crack in that manner!

1 comment:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

My BIL and SIL going geocaching all the time. There are a lot around huntington amd cabell county. I went with him once around here. It is fun.