Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Library Class




I sucked it up yesterday and went to the downtown library. I'm glad we went. The class will be good for the boys. The lady that was teaching them was very entertaining and I think the kids will like her. They were all very quiet this first time out tho.


OK,, small vent.


She (the library lady) went ON and ON and ON about how she expected them to know more and how surprised she was that were not at the level that she expected and blah blah blah. I'm sure she was just saying this to try and explain HERSELF to the parents but it felt like a passive aggressive jab at homeschoolers.


Ok,, venting over.


Initially this was supposed to be a one time class for each age group but now it's going to be a multi-part class. If you missed the first one, don't hesitate to come to the next one!


The boys and I searched out some books on Frank Lloyd Wright and I picked up a few on magnets.


The book we're currently reading, The Wright 3, is about some children (we're not that far into it) that are trying to save the Robie House. The Robie house is a very famous Frank Lloyd Write house in Chicago. I'm very surprised how interested the boys are in modern architecture. Way more interested than I am! LOL That kinda makes it tough, but I'm doing all I can to spark their interest! We found a book called Frank Lloyd Write for Kids

That is very good. We also got a DK book on Architecture and a biography. That ought to keep us busy!
On the health front.... Colds STINK! I made a pot of chicken soup this morning and it cleared my nose but my head still feels like cement. We have so many things to do today but I just don't feel like doing any of them.
Maybe later.....
Oh, and if you are in the Cabell Co./Greater Huntington area, you should sign up for the Cabell Co Homeschoolers Yahoo group! (see the button to the right!). A few of us moms talked about it yesterday and decided we needed a group to keep everyone updated on local events and opportunities. Any home schooler in the area is welcome to join!
Well,, I think I'll take another nap. Later!

2 comments:

~Mary~ 4boys4me said...

I wonder if I could convince the Milton librarians to do a similar class b/c I'm not driving all the way to Hgtn (to be berated, lol).

Great idea on teh yahoo group! thanks for setting it up.

Stephanie Appleton said...

The yahoo group is a great idea.